TITLE: Chief of Organizational Advancement
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced leader to join our team and lead all aspects of the Mastery Transcript Consortium’s (MTC) advancement efforts, including membership growth, communications, policy, and development efforts. The qualified candidate will bring an ability to develop innovative approaches to building member and partner networks in both the independent and public school spaces; develop and execute an effective communications strategy; guide our efforts to shape state and education policy; and develop and execute a multi-faceted fundraising plan. More importantly, the best candidates will have the ability to understand and synthesize the rapidly changing dynamics of mastery and competency education, and will ensure the organization successfully positions itself within those dynamics.
This position assumes responsibility for the following duties:
- In coordination with the executive director and Organizational Advancement Team, develop and implement annual and strategic plans that include:
- A plan for strategic growth in membership and partnerships as they relate to and support the MTC’s organizational vision and mission,
- A comprehensive communications plan including earned, social, and paid media,
- An annual fundraising plan, including a timeline, goals, and related strategies,
- A policy framework that highlights opportunities for the growth and sustainability of MTC.
- Work closely with the executive director and appropriate members of the Board of Directors to cultivate and solicit donors, including foundations, individuals, and corporations.
- Coordinate and direct any local, state, or federal government relations activities.
- Maintain communication and positive working relationships with members, partners, funders, colleagues, and Board Members.
- Provide mentorship and oversight for Advancement Team.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of successful experience supporting educational non-profits and/or membership organizations.
- Competency and fluency in managing complex, multi-jurisdictional organizations.
- Deep knowledge of the policy and political dynamics that govern public school management and innovation. 5+ years working on educational policy issues preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communicator. Ability to shape large narratives and specific messaging.
- Ideal candidates will bring a strong network of contacts within the education policy and innovation space.
This position will build on the candidate’s passion for working with and for organizations committed to educational equity and supporting a diverse group of members and partners who seek positive change for students. The successful candidate will thrive on building and supporting successful collaborative relationships that advance the mission and vision of MTC. The successful candidate will recognize and adapt to the reality that work assignments may change depending upon unforeseen and unpredictable developments. A high degree of personal flexibility is required and expected, as is a high degree of personal integrity and trustworthiness.
ABOUT MASTERY TRANSCRIPT CONSORTIUM:
The Mastery Transcript Consortium (MTC) is a collective of independent—and soon public—schools organized around the development and dissemination of an alternative model of crediting and transcript design. Over the next decade, the MTC hopes to change the relationship between preparation for college/career and college admissions for the betterment of students. A dues-based organization with more than 170 member schools, the MTC was awarded a $2 million matching grant by the Edward E. Ford Foundation in April 2017.
While the Mastery Transcript product itself is still in the design stage, the Consortium has quickly filled with leading schools intent on shaping a more humane, effective, and meaningful tool for inspiring learning to mastery in students and then communicating it cleanly to colleges and universities.
Please send a CV and cover letter to the MTC at email@example.com. The search will remain open until the position is filled. The MTC is an equal opportunity employer.