[vc_row type=”in_container” full_screen_row_position=”middle” scene_position=”center” text_color=”dark” text_align=”left” overlay_strength=”0.3″][vc_column column_padding=”no-extra-padding” column_padding_position=”all” background_color_opacity=”1″ background_hover_color_opacity=”1″ width=”1/1″ tablet_text_alignment=”default” phone_text_alignment=”default”]
Director of Communications
[vc_column_text]POSITION: Director of Communications
REPORTS TO: Chief of Organizational Advancement
The Mastery Transcript Consortium (MTC) is looking for an experienced communications professional to lead our internal and external communications efforts. Our new director of communications will position MTC as a recognized and acknowledged leader of student-centered, educator-led change in the growing mastery-based learning movement. A key member of the MTC leadership team, the qualified candidate will possess the comprehensive skills necessary to develop and execute an effective communication strategy that includes multi-faceted communications programs, media relations, and special events that build strong external relationships with MTC constituencies, including educators, parents, funders, and the media.
This position assumes responsibility for the following duties:
- In coordination with the Chief of Organizational Advancement and the organizational advancement team, develop and implement a strategic communication plan that:
- Sets and guides the strategy for all communications, website, and public messages and collateral to consistently articulate the MTC mission and brand,
- Executes and guides a comprehensive media plan including earned, social, and paid media, while instituting data-driven systems to monitor the effectiveness of these activities,
- Supports and extends the efforts of the MTC executive director and board chair as the public faces of the organization,
- Serves as the MTC spokesperson.
- Manage the content development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including newsletters, brochures, website, and social media with a clear goal of extending the work and brand of MTC.
- Ensure that MTC communications efforts engage key audience segments, deciding who, where, and when to disseminate what messages and testing the effectiveness of these efforts.
- Support the efforts of the MTC membership/partnership team by assisting in the organization, coordination, and execution of events that engage MTC audiences.
- Support the development efforts of the organization.
- Assist the executive director, Board chair, and Chief of Organizational Advancement in the development and presentation of monthly and quarterly reports in advance of Board/Committee meetings.
- Provide mentorship and oversight for communications team and consultants.
- Create and manage the department budget.
- Monitor the regular reporting of communications activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field .
- Minimum 10 years of successful experience supporting educational non-profits and/or membership organizations in a senior communications role.
- Deep experience in communicating with private and public school audiences and messaging critical information to policy leaders and decision makers.
- Demonstrated success in designing and executing assigned duties at a high level.
- Competency and fluency in managing complex, multi-jurisdictional organizations.
- High degree of proficiency in communicating both verbally and in writing.
This position will build on the candidate’s passion for working with and for organizations committed to educational equity and supporting a diverse group of members and partners who seek positive change for students. The successful candidate will thrive on building and supporting a successful communications strategy that advances the mission and vision of MTC. The successful candidate will recognize and adapt to the reality that work assignments may change depending upon unforeseen and unpredictable developments. A high degree of personal flexibility is required and expected, as is a high degree of personal integrity and trustworthiness.
Please send a CV and cover letter to the MTC at email@example.com. The search will remain open until the position is filled. The MTC is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT MASTERY TRANSCRIPT CONSORTIUM:
The Mastery Transcript Consortium (MTC) is a collective of independent–and soon public–schools organized around the development and dissemination of an alternative model of crediting and transcript design. Over the next decade, the MTC hopes to change the way students prepare for college and career. A dues-based organization with more than 170-member schools, the MTC was awarded a $2 million matching grant by the Edward E. Ford Foundation in April 2017.
While the Mastery Transcript product itself is still in the design stage, the Consortium has quickly filled with leading schools intent on shaping a more humane, effective, and meaningful tool for inspiring learning to mastery in students and then communicating it cleanly to colleges and universities.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]