The Mastery Transcript Consortium (MTC) is looking for a collaborative and organized colleague to join and support the member engagement team in all aspects of communications with schools and in event planning (both virtual and hopefully in-person). The position is full-time and remote and there may be opportunity for occasional travel to member events.
The coordinator will:
- Work with a dynamic and innovative nonprofit team,
- Assist with email and other modes of communications to respond to member questions and requests for information and resources,
- Help to produce, curate and make resources available to member schools,
- Assist with entry, updates, and management of member data,
- Research options and help plan virtual and in-person member events,
- Listen carefully, take notes, and synthesize, and draft summaries of feedback from meetings with member school colleagues,
- Will thrive in your work supporting member schools and helping to advance the mission and vision of MTC.
Who You Are
- You have an interest in nonprofit work and addressing inequity in educational opportunity.
- You have completed a post-secondary program and/or have work experience in communications, education, or similar field.
- You have very strong writing, editing, and interpersonal skills.
- You have experience with and are comfortable learning and working in spreadsheets (Excel, Sheets, etc.), databases (Salesforce, etc.), and with a range of online tools.
- You have basic skills in design and layout of publications (ex/Adobe, Wordpress).
- You can work independently and also thrive collaborating with a fast paced, diverse, and creative all-remote team and with educators around the U.S. and world.
- You have a high degree of personal flexibility as well as a high degree of personal integrity and pride in your work.
- You are able and willing to adapt to work assignments that may change as the organization grows and evolves.
Interested candidates should submit a short cover note and resume and/or LinkedIn profile (if you have one) to email@example.com as soon as possible. The search will remain open until the position is filled. The MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, class, color, disability, ethnicity, faith, national origin, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity. People of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, are encouraged to apply. Candidates considering a career transition or whose skills and experience fulfill most, but not all of the qualifications are encouraged to apply. Full-time annual salary will start at $50,000 (depending on experience) plus benefits.
About Mastery Transcript Consortium
The Mastery Transcript Consortium® (MTC) is a nonprofit education start-up composed of public and private schools that are together creating a high school transcript that opens up opportunity for each and every student - from all backgrounds, locations, and types of schools - to have their unique strengths, abilities, interests, and histories fostered, understood, and celebrated. Member schools are intent on shaping a more humane, equitable, and meaningful high school transcript that inspires learning and then communicates it effectively to colleges and employers.