The Mastery Transcript Consortium (MTC) is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our all-remote team who is passionate about addressing inequity in educational opportunity. An exceptional communicator with high technical literacy, you will perform user-centered analysis to deeply understand the perspective and point-of-view of MTC schools and stakeholders through interviews, research, and interactions. You will be a driver to MTC’s continued growth and success as you will seek out, develop, and help implement strategic initiatives which will delight our members—supporting existing users and attracting new members.
What You Are
- An Expert at Communication—written and verbal.
- Great at Gathering and Synthesizing Information—conduct sessions to gather requirements and listen between the lines to determine user goals from user ‘wants’.
- A Facilitator and Mediator—build consensus among stakeholders.
- Meticulous—capture details and distill into actionable insights or specs for the intended audience (e.g., end-users, MTC colleagues, or developers).
- A Technical Writer—document system features and processes with an approachable voice for end-users.
As a product manager, you will:
- Break down prioritized projects into user stories (well-defined user goals and expected outcomes).
- Conduct interviews with schools / end-users to build context and translate into detailed business requirements.
- Organize and deploy user surveys and feedback sessions to evaluate existing functionality; analyze, distill, and present key findings to leadership.
- Support member schools with system set-up or data ingestion tasks in MTC’s platform.
- Research 3rd party systems which may be in use by or of interest to member schools.
- Research and track complex support issues; perform root cause analysis and address or escalate accordingly.
Who You Are
- You have an interest in nonprofit work and addressing inequity in educational opportunity.
- You have superb communication, time-management and process-management skills.
- You have keen problem-solving and organizational abilities.
- You have passion in your work and demonstrate attention to detail.
- You can work independently and also thrive collaborating with a fast-paced, diverse, and creative all-remote team and with educators around the U.S. and world.
- You have a high degree of personal flexibility as well as a high degree of personal integrity and pride in your work.
- You have completed a BS/MS in education, communications, or computer science and have at least 5 years of work experience as an IT business analyst or a product manager. Work experience in the education and/or ed-tech industry is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit a short cover note and resume and/or LinkedIn profile (if you have one) to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. The search will remain open until the position is filled. The MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, class, color, disability, ethnicity, faith, national origin, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity. People of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, are encouraged to apply. Candidates considering a career transition or whose skills and experience fulfill most, but not all of the qualifications are encouraged to apply. Full-time annual salary will range between $68-75k (depending on experience) plus benefits.
About Mastery Transcript Consortium
The Mastery Transcript Consortium® (MTC) is a nonprofit education start-up composed of public and private schools that are together creating a high school transcript that opens up opportunity for each and every student - from all backgrounds, locations, and types of schools - to have their unique strengths, abilities, interests, and histories fostered, understood, and celebrated. Member schools are intent on shaping a more humane, equitable, and meaningful high school transcript that inspires learning and then communicates it effectively to colleges and employers.