Resources to help you better understand the Mastery Transcript
MTC is working with representatives from leading colleges and universities, as well as other higher ed partners, to support sustainable change in higher education admissions. We offer colleges an alternative to the traditional transcript: one that offers more nuance and depth than grades and GPA’s, while still providing consistency and validity for admission purposes.
Our work supports three priorities
Identify, connect, and engage
influential institutions of higher education willing to lead for innovation in higher education admissions
Support institutions of higher education
to and make necessary shifts to admissions policy and practice within their institutions.
Engage partner institutions as advocates
for sustainable policy and practice change across the field of higher education through advocacy and technical support.
Higher Ed Advisory Group
Our Higher Ed Advisory Group (HEAG) is a strong group of undergraduate admissions leaders from a range of colleges and universities. Each member is crucial to us as we gather feedback on the transcript and ensure our efforts align with the perspectives of admissions professionals.
- Rick Bischoff, Vice President for Enrollment Management, Case Western Reserve University
- Liz Cheron, Dean of Admissions, Northeastern University
- Ed Devine, Vice President for Enrollment, Chaminade University
- JT Duck, Dean of Admissions, Tufts University
- Nathan Evans, Chief of Staff and Senior Advisor, Academic and Student Affairs, California State University Chancellor's Office
- Zina Evans, Vice President for Enrollment Management and Associate Provost, University of Florida
- Mark Hatch, Vice President for Enrollment, Colorado College
- Kedra Ishop, Vice President for Enrollment Management, University of Southern California (USC)
- Angel B. Pérez, CEO at National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
- Jessica Ricker, Director of Admissions, Wellesley College
- Jarrid Whitney, Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs, California Institute of Technology
Higher Ed Voices: Recently we sat down with Kedra Ishop, PhD, the vice provost for enrollment management at University of Michigan, to discuss the evolution of education, assessment, and the student transcript in the 21st century. Ishop’s vision for the future is rooted in a deep commitment to progress, particularly for the benefit of young people. Higher Ed Voices: Conversation with Zina Evans, vice president for enrollment management and associate provost at University of Florida, on MTC and the movement to change education.